Android Application Developer
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia or Remotely
Type: Training or Full time
Experience: Entry Level (0-1 years) for Training Program, 3-5 years for Full time
Job Title: Android Application Developer
Gender Preference: No preference
Start Date: TBD
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- You will be interpreting UI/UX requirements and mockups into functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps
- Research the latest technologies, test, implement, and report back to the team on what you’ve discovered
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible with creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric problems like synchronization, asynchronous APIs, and leveraging offline device capabilities
- Create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience
- Interact with project managers, UI designers, software engineers, and other applications developers.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- BA/BS in Computer/Software Science/Engineering or related field
- 3 to 5 years of proven experience with Android Application Development
- At least 1 non-trivial, completed iPhone app that has been submitted to the market
- Strong Java skills with extensive knowledge of the Android SDK and Eclipse/Android Studio
- Object-oriented design & development, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, multi-threading, and complexity analysis
- Understanding of Agile software development.
- Experience collaborating with senior backend developers in an agile environment
- Extensive hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, animations, and performance optimization
- Understanding of the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for both phones and tablets
- You’ve worked on a team and are comfortable using Git.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment