Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia or Remotely
Type: Training or Full time
Experience: Entry Level (0-1 years) for Training Program
Experience: 3-5 years for Full time
Job Title: Android Application Developer
Start Date: TBD
Gender Preference: None
Responsible for the development and deployment of Android based mobile applications for our clients. The candidate must be an experienced Android developer capable of architecting, designing, developing and testing complex applications for a variety of Android devices. Strong communications skills are a must with an emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business terms and to express opinions clearly in a straightforward manner.
Note that this is a contract to permanent position.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- You will be interpreting UI/UX requirements and mockups into functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps
- Research the latest technologies, test, implement, and report back to the team on what you’ve discovered
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible with creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric problems like synchronization, asynchronous APIs, and leveraging offline device capabilities
- Create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience
- Interact with project managers, UI designers, software engineers, and other applications developers.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- BA/BS in Computer/Software Science/Engineering or related field
- 3 to 5 years of proven experience with Android Application Development
- At least 1 non-trivial, completed iPhone app that has been submitted to the market
- Strong Java skills with extensive knowledge of the Android SDK and Eclipse/Android Studio
- Object-oriented design & development, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, multi-threading, and complexity analysis
- Understanding of Agile software development.
- Experience collaborating with senior backend developers in an agile environment
- Extensive hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, animations, and performance optimization
- Understanding of the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for both phones and tablets
- You’ve worked on a team and are comfortable using Git.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
About Waqood Tech
Waqood Tech is a Saudi company based in Jeddah. It specializes in designing and developing Mobile Applications & Websites for corporate and governmental entities through a professional team. The company’s strength lies in its commitment to technical development and application design to provide the perfect suit while maintaining the ease of use and compliance with all standards provided by the manufacturers of smart phones.
See more at: http://waqood.sa/