Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia or Remotely
Type: Training or Full time
Experience: Entry Level (0-1 years) for Training Program
Experience: 3-5 years for Full time
Job Title: Android Application Developer
Start Date: TBD
Gender Preference: None
Responsible for developing innovative, high quality websites and web APIs. The developer will work with our project managers and design team members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming and database (design and administration) are all important functionality of this role. Part of your tasks is to administrate & maintain our servers which includes setting up and configure servers of different providers such as Digital Ocean, AWS and others.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Using project management software to track and report on projects
- Work with the project manager and design team.
- Daily progress update.
- Front end development
- Backend Development using PHP
- Database Design and implementation using MySQL
- Maintain existing website
- Web API Development
- Acquire, configure and maintain development, test and production servers. Support development, test and production servers including after-hours support and monitoring server usage and up-time.
- Performing servers administration including OS installation and configuration
- Providing routine data back-up and recovery support in servers
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in web development
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and tight timelines
- PHP Laravel & MySQL strong knowledge and experience
- Good knowledge in HTML 5, CSS3(SASS/LESS),
- Comfortable to work in Linux environment (Ubuntu/Debian server) and use terminal.
- Modular ADR and MVC system development
- OOP principles (Design patterns, SOLID, DRY)
- Clean code covered by unit & integration
- Long life-cycle application development (evolution of applications)
- Committed to RESTful API Guideline and best practices
- Git workflow
- Excellent organizational skills and proven analytical, planning, problem solving skills
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Message queuing service (RabbitMQ, beanstalkd, or another solid queue service) for asynchronous tasks
- knowledge and experience in Redis
- knowledge and experience in Node.js
- Real time applications engine, such as socket.io
- Agile development process in Scrum
- Continuous Integration System for daily based deployments (preferably Jenkins)
- exposure to lumen, symfony, codeigniter, cakephp
About Waqood Tech
Waqood Tech is a Saudi company based in Jeddah. It specializes in designing and developing Mobile Applications & Websites for corporate and governmental entities through a professional team. The company’s strength lies in its commitment to technical development and application design to provide the perfect suit while maintaining the ease of use and compliance with all standards provided by the manufacturers of smart phones.
See more at: http://waqood.sa/